Elder Sabin

Elder Sabin

Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 91: Speaking of Donald Trump...

Hey guys!

Elder Hunter and I had a really good week :)

One of the highlights from this last week was zone council, which was wonderful.  We all drove down to north bay, which was quite fun.  It's about a 5 hour drive, which can be exhausting, but it's good to be able to see other missionaries.  The Zobells, our senior couple from Temiskaming, gave a wonderful instruction about how competition shouldn't always be at the forefront of our minds.  Unfortunately in order to do this, they had us play a lot of games in teams against other missionaries, and I, being a person who doesn't like losing, was very competitive.  Basically I illustrated their point :)

Jokes aside though, it was really uplifting. We had our interviews with President as well, which was good.  We talked a lot about the future of the area, and I'm really excited to see what happens in the future.  Basically, I'm almost guaranteed to stay here one more transfer (starting next week).  There's not really anyone that can take my place, and so I'm pretty sure I'll stick around.  4 weeks into the transfer, we're getting a new french-assigned missionary in the mission, and he'll probably come join Elder Hunter and I.  For 2 weeks, we'll be in a three-some, but for my last transfer, I don't know yet.  I could either stay in Abitibi and train the new guy with Elder Hunter, or I might go back down south to train the new Chinese missionary.  Or maybe President has other plans.  We'll see.

Haha, we've had some good memories this week.  We've had a guy named Mohammed start coming to our English class, and he's really fun.  He's from Algeria, so his first language is Arabic, but he also speaks french and some good English.  When he found out I speak Chinese, he started asking me all these questions about it, and at the same time we've been trying to learn English. Which makes for some good classes.  Also, he keeps trying to talk politics, and I (being a servant of the Lord) am not supposed to talk about those things, so I just have to nod my head a smile and say "Hmmm, interesting thoughts.  Speaking of Donald Trump, what do you know about Jesus Christ?"  Also, he's totally down with polygamy (he's Muslim) and so he felt some kinship with out church. He was pretty disappointed when he found out I don't have multiple wives. Oh Muslims.

Also, Elder Hunter wants me to ask you guys a question.  He needs idea's for creative questions that he's going to ask to another person he's emailing. I need all of you guys to send a good question that he can use next week.

Anyway, we're a little short on time this week. We're going to do a hike today with some members, and it's going to be fun.  Wish us luck!

I love you guys!

Elder Sabin

Exchanges with Elder Deweese.  Took some pictures in Cobalt.