Elder Sabin

Elder Sabin

Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 42: Happy Mother's Day!

I'm super short on email time, so today's going to be pretty short. Frankly, there's not a lot of new stuff to say.  I saw you guys yesterday, so you pretty much know how the work is going.  Life's still good up here in Toronto.

One of the highlights of our week was definitely Jimmy.  I talked about him last week, right?  The christian rock band guy?  Well we stopped by again this week, and he's doing well.  Also, after we taught him he said to us, "Hey, I have this group of like twenty Christian Chinese friends who all love Jesus and want to hear about the gospel.  Could you come over Sunday afternoon and teach them all?"

We were pretty stoked.  I'll let you know how it goes.  As an added bonus, he said he'd give us some dinner, so that'll be good.

Basically the week's been going super well.  Bayview Ward get's it done!  All of our new converts have been coming to church, we have tons of investigators coming, and the ward just does amazing at everything related to missionary work.  Seriously, I love this place.

The week has been really good.  We had some investigators who had a great experience following the word of wisdom. 

I got to go to my first MLC, which was super fun.  Super spiritual.  Also, we taught our first zone council, which was really fun.  Having two young zone leaders together has been interesting.
Also, Rosemary got baptized! I'll send you guys a picture once I get it from Elder Carroll.

It's been a great week, and there's so much I could talk about, but I'm a little short on time.

As a last note about Mothers Day, I just want to say that I love my Mom!  Thanks for everything you do!  For all the moms out there, I hope you know what an impact you have on your kids and the people in your life.  You make such a difference in all the little things that you do.

I love you guys!