Elder Sabin

Elder Sabin

Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 36: Quick Update


Hello everyone!  I don't have much time today.  We're going to Niagara Falls again with some other elders, so I can only give a quick update on the week. 

First off, Evonne wasn't baptized this weekend.  We talked, and she decided it's not something she's ready for yet, which is totally her choice.  We were a little bit bummed, but she still texts us all the time, and she has a ton of super good friends in the ward.  It was a bummer.

On the bright side, Joe is progressing very quickly toward baptism.  Last lesson we told him to pray about his baptismal date, and what time he wanted to be baptized.  It was originally April 22nd, but in church he came up to me and said, "I prayed about a date, and God told me that I need to be baptized as soon as possible.  How soon can we do it".  So we'll probably have his interview this week and then he'll be baptized on the 9th.  If all goes according to plan. *fingers crossed*

He's so cool.  Honestly, he's the most prepared man I've ever met.  We've taught him almost everything, and he's just made so many friends in the ward.  We're excited for him.

Aside from that, it was a pretty uneventful week.  We found some new guys that might be interested, one of which is a guy named Peter.  He's super cool.  We'll meet with him later in the week.

District leader life has been good.  My missionaries haven't declared mutiny yet so that's a good sign.

Dad - My companion is doing super well.  I make jokes to him all the time about how he's "dying" so soon.  He's great.  He claims that he's the patriarch of Chinese work, as he's the oldest Chinese missionary, and therefore he gives me "blessings" every once in a while. Usually they involve me going into French work next transfer, and forgetting all of my Chinese.  Not happening.  As far as the downtown druggies go, they're all doing just great.  There's this youth preacher that hangs out there a lot, and he always bashes with us whenever he sees us.  We ran into him a few times, and so that was fun.  Tell Brian that no matter where he goes, he will always be my son.  Man, that's sweet to hear Braeden is going to Minnesota.  Does his mission cover Thunder bay?  Does it border with Sault St. Marie?  Man, my mission is going by so fast for me to.  Seriously, it's going by far too quickly.

Hadley - Sounds like you need to forsake your pride and repent.  Just kidding, I'd rub it in their faces too if I won Rummikub.  Which I don't think I ever have.  How much candy have you eaten? Is school going good?  Any boys I need to know about?

Mom - Ya, they asked me to send a missionary moment back.  I feel bad because she didn't get baptized yet, but honestly, Cassie has had an enormous impact on her.  She changed so much when they started hanging out.  And no, I haven't found my camera yet.  Guess I'm still the same forgetful teenager that you know and love.

Hayden - Good and horrible at the same time, eh?  I hate those weeks.  I get them sometimes as a missionary.  Getting sick sucks too.  We have a missionary in the zone who's bedridden right now, and so her companions are just getting super frustrated.  She'll be fine soon enough though.

Ellie - wow, it sounds like you're having a great time :)  I don't think I've ever heard that song.  I heard women's conference was super good.  We didn't go, but some people from the ward told us about it.

Ashleigh - Wow, that truly is failing at life.  40 at bowling?  Just kidding, I suck at bowling.  I think the problem is that I'm too strong and manly that I can't control where the ball goes.  Next year you guys should do the hunt in the field next door.  That would be a real challenge.

Anyway, sorry I don't have time for more :( we're leaving pretty soon here, but I love you all!  Bye!


Elder Sabin