Elder Sabin

Elder Sabin

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Week 9: Last Email From the MTC

Alright family, I'm off to Canada :) I don't have long to email today, because technically we still have some class and stuff today, but they gave us permission to send off one last email.  I look forward to calling you all on Monday :)

Basically, I just want to say I love you all, and I can't wait to get to Toronto.  It's gonna be awesome, and Elder Stowell and I are super excited.  Not kidding, I've bought three Book of Mormon's (Not Book's of Mormon) and if I still have them with me when I get to Toronto, I'm gonna be really disappointed - Elder Stowell bought two, so I'm obviously more righteous than him ;)

There's a quote I love that says "The real test of any religion is the kind of man it makes" and after having come here, and seeing all the kinds of young men that the LDS church has made, I'm only more impressed.  None of the guys here are perfect, and some of them are less than mission ready, but having the seen the contrast from the outside world and knowing how many of them are eager and worthy to serve amazes me.  Everyone here is going to do great things, and I'm so excited for all of them.

Hadley - I'm so glad you're doing great in school!  I can't believe how much of the family's life back home I've already missed.  When I get back, you're already going to be done with the second grade!  I know you're going to do amazing in school.  Just remember to always try as hard as you can, and you'll be really happy in the end.

Ellie - You know what they say about Canadian missions?  They say "Many are cold but few are frozen" so I think I just may be in danger of freezing everything off :) Just kidding.  About the lipgloss, I don't know what to tell you :)  Good luck maybe?  I should probably be saying that to mom :)

Anyway, I've got to get to class guys, but I love you all, and I'll talk to you all on Monday.  Bye!